Thursday, April 9, 2009

The European Grand National

Fianna Fail 3000-1

The European elections are upon us and already I've received my first personalized circular through the door from a Ciara/ Catherine from Fianna Fail, wanting to know if I'll give her my vote and even canvass for her.

Ciara/Catherine, are we friends or even casual acquaintances or are you someone I should admire from afar?

Usually when we're asked to vote or support people in our lives it's usually someone we want to succeed/know/support/admire?

I've never heard of you or what you intend to do for us on a European level. I also note that in your letter, which I binned upon first reading hence the Ciara/Catherine, that you did not state what you intend to do either.

What I got from your personalised circular was that you wanted a one-way ticket to Brussels, jollies and Chimay included.

So, this is the first time you've put yourself forward.

Well, sorry love, but your handlers are pretty gruesome and you're no Mon Mome.

No comments: